[etherlab-users] CX CPU as Master Linux Slave

Graeme Foot Graeme.Foot at touchcut.com
Wed May 11 00:28:49 CEST 2016

Hi,

We use a Beckhoff CX2020 with a CX2100-0004 power module with EBus.  What do you mean by slave CPU?  Are you referring to the CX2100 module?

What version of the master are you using?  There is a CCAT driver written by Patrick Bruenn in the “stable-1.5” branch, but it is not in the “default” branch.  Are you using this?  If not, to use it you will need to build it with the master with the ENABLE_CCAT config flag (I think).

I don’t use this driver as I wrote my own before it was available but I assume you use it in the same fashion as any of the other network card drivers, where you load the network driver modules you want to load (eg with modprobe).  If you load the CCAT module first then the master should use it by preference (when you use the generic MAC address of FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF) rather than needing to specify a fixed MAC address.

If you are not using the CCAT driver above, are you writing your own?

I have attached a patch for the driver I use.  It is written for EtherCat master revision 2526 (stable-1.5) and Linux Kernel 2.6.32.  It may be useful as a reference.

Regards,
Graeme.