[etherlab-users] ethercatctl HwAddr

Raimarius Delgado raim223 at seoultech.ac.kr
Tue Nov 1 03:02:09 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

I am currently testing IgH EtherCAT Master 1.5.2 on top of Linux 3.14.28
running alongside Xenomai 2.6.5.
My hardware below is running on 32-bit Ubuntu 14.04.5:
     CPU - Intel Core i7 6700 (Skylaker)
     MoBO - Gigabyte GA-B150M-HD3
     Ethernet - On-board Realtek R8169

In the master configuration file, I configured MAC address to the HWaddr
found when using the
shell command "ifconfig". I was able to start the master, find the
connected slaves and do motor control using 6 Sanyo Denki slaves.
However, the problem is when I execute "ethercatctl stop". The standard
Ethernet module shows HWaddr of 00:00:00:00:00:00. Does anyone know the
reason for this occurrence?

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00
           BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
           collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
           RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

Without executing either of the IgH executable shell scrips located at
<etherlab-dir>/sbin/ethercatctl or <etherlab-dir>/etc/init.d/ethercat,
removing and inserting the Ethernet module using ordinary Linux shell
script commands such as "rmmod", "insmod", "modprobe" does not show any
problems (HWaddr is not 00:00:00:00:00:00). But if I do the same process
after running the shell scripts, the same problem occurs (HWaddr is
00:00:00:00:00:00).

Thank you very much,

--

Raimarius Delgado, M.Sc.Eng. (레임)