[etherlab-users] Regarding SDOs

Erik Euving e.j.euving at student.utwente.nl
Wed Sep 14 10:19:59 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I have a question regarding SDOs of a specific slave I use for my setup,
namely the D1-N-36-E0-2-1-00 drive by HIWIN. As you can see in the attached
screenshot, when I type the "~> ethercat -p 1 sdos" command, I do not
receive any feedback from the slave. When I type the same command for my
other slave (E-Box by Ketels) I get the full list.

My understanding about the inner workings of Ethercat and Etherlab is very
limited, but could someone explain why a slave would not give me the list
of available SDOs? I have a manual and I am able to access individual SDOs
(e.g. "~> ethercat upload -p 1 -t int8 0x6060 0" for Mode of Operation) but
requesting the full list is not possible.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Erik

e.j.euving at student.utwente.nl | +31641615351