[etherlab-users] No CoE communication

Graeme Foot Graeme.Foot at touchcut.com
Wed Aug 23 08:49:05 CEST 2017

Hi,

I have attached a test app to have a look at.  It is a (very) cut down version of how my app works.  Of course I use RTAI, so it won't be compatible with your Xenomi environment.

In main.c at the top of runECat() I have a list of EtherCAT devices and their addresses.  It is hard coded here but can of course be loaded from a config file.  The device names match devices in the etherCATSlaves.c file.

etherCATMaster.c contains the code to configure and run the master.  etherCATSlaves.c contains each slave's code.

yaskawaSGDV_create()
- configures the device and gets the PDO command offsets

yaskawaSGDV_prepareToRun()
- calculates each commands address (after the domains are populated and allocated)
- sets cyclic synchronous position mode (optional, the mode can be set at any time while running)
- sets the control word to zero, just in case

yaskawaSGDV_run()
- is called once each scan.  add code here to control the axis

yaskawaSGDV_prepareToStop()
- is called when the app is closing.  add any code here to clean up your axis

Note: In this app the prepareToStop() functions are called once and then the app is shut down immediately.  In reality you should continue your realtime cycle until all of the devices are stopped, disabled and safe to turn off.  The app also relies on some of my patches.

I hope this helps

Regards,
Graeme.