[etherlab-users] EtherCAT data size compatibility issue

Eshwar Lal eshwarkhatri at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:25:55 CET 2017

hello all,

I am using EtherCAT master with ESC FC1100 for performing HIL simulations,
I am using ecrt.h api functions to send a receive data variables,

EC_READ_U32 and EC_WRITE_U32, which support only 32bit unsigned values,
however my process variable is 64bit in size.

is there any possible solution to this problem? so that I can transfer the
variables 64bit in size over etherCAT and perform calculation for my
simulation or any other possible tip to convert the 64bit variable to 32bit
just for transmit and receive purpose. Or a method to transfer and receive
64bit values over EtherCAT.

it would be great to hear a positive solution to rectify the issue.

Note: I am using Linux kernel with RTAI.

--
Thanks and Best Regards
*.*Eshwar Lal