[etherlab-users] DC sync1 shift time

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Mon Mar 13 23:32:50 CET 2017

Ah, ok.  That setting actually modifies the SYNC1 cycle time (which is a parameter of ecrt_slave_config_dc) based on your actual cycle time – similarly you need to fill in the “real” cycle time values for those that have Factor=”1” in the XML.

The appropriate calculations are given in ETG2000, section Types -> DeviceType -> Dc -> OpMode.  Your application will need to calculate this itself based on your target cycle interval; the master library doesn’t do this for you.

Also note that only the Cycle Times are written to the slaves, not the Shift Times.  (The Sync0 shift time is however used to calculate the DC Start time.)  For most slaves this is ok but for some you might need to explicitly configure 0x1C32/33 as well.  You could try configuring it in TwinCAT and see what settings it uses for confirmation.