[etherlab-users] Switch to OP state in parallel

Gavin Lambert gavin.lambert at tomra.com
Mon Apr 23 02:00:51 CEST 2018

On 21 April 2018 16:45, quoth Philippe Leuba:
> I noticed that when we activate the master it takes a time that is proportional
> to the number of slaves to switch them to OP state.
> Is there any reason the master can not do it in parallel ?

You can try the unofficial patchset (https://sourceforge.net/u/uecasm/etherlab-patches/ci/default/tree/#readme).

While it can't do it completely in parallel without consuming a lot of bandwidth and risking breaking the realtime cycle, one of the feature patches that this includes allows scanning and configuration to occur in parallel up to the configured bandwidth limits.  With default settings this results in blocks of 16 slaves at a time being configured in parallel.