[etherlab-users] Missing Vendor ID / Product Code

Graeme Foot Graeme.Foot at touchcut.com
Wed Aug 8 04:11:43 CEST 2018

Hi,

I updated my EtherCAT system to use Gavin's patch set (revision 10, 20171108).  It has been running fine on a few machines, but have just had a machine being commissioned where one of the slave modules had a zero Vendor ID and Product Code (and I suspect it failed to read any information from the slave).  Unfortunately it occurred while I was not available so our engineers reverted to the previous version (which detected the module correctly) and shipped the machine, so I have very minimal information and no logs.

The module with the problem was the 17th module, the first EL2612 of 5.  It is directly after an EL9410 power module.  It has an explicit alias set.  The engineers had tried repowering the whole system and replacing the module.

Until I get a machine to test on with the same behaviour I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with slaves not initialising correctly.

Thanks,
Graeme Foot.