[etherlab-users] Sync problems and DC mode

Boris Skegin boris.skegin.de at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 24 00:14:04 CET 2018

Hello.

My only info about  sync0Shift originates from
www.copleycontrols.com/Motion/pdf/ecat-sync.pdf .

Check page 5 for a good explanation of sync0Shift.

> Hello,
>
> First of all  many thanks for your help!
>

> If you look below, master->app_time is not really used in the code.
> I get the dc ref slave clock with ecrt_master_reference_clock_time(master->master,
> &master->reference_time); and save in master->reference_time

Gets the lower 32 bit of the reference clock system time.

> after that
>
>  ecrt_master_sync_slave_clocks(master->master); // sync slaves to ref
> clock
>  ecrt_master_application_time(master->master,
> master->reference_time+master->app_time_period); //update master time
> with time got from dc ref slave

The time [in ecrt_master_application_time(..)] is defined as nanoseconds
from 2000-01-01 00:00.  Which units is
master->reference_time+master->app_time_period
?

> Could you help me with the Sync0shift values??  The topology of my network
> is line one.
>
> Master ----- S1 - S2 - S3 ..... and so on until S25.
>
> I suppose I must set a very small one for the first slave and increase it
> a little for the next ones, no??

Indeed I never tried it out myself, but I would begin with one Sync0Shift
value for all slaves and only if it does not help, variate then.

Regards,
boris