[etherlab-users] no slaves found after reboot

Hinko Kocevar Hinko.Kocevar at esss.se
Sun Jul 15 10:36:19 CEST 2018

Hi,

I use systemd service On a CentOS7 machine to bring up generic interface. After the reboot no slaves are present. If I reload the ethercat service (reloading the kernel modules) I can see the slaves, this is reproducible after each reboot. I resorted to restarting the ethercat service before I start my app to be sure that slaves are seen, but would like to see this work in a systemd way.

I seems that the NIC is not claimed by the ethercat at the right time at boot time?

Any hints on how to overcome this issue? I tried using the lines:

After=network-online.target
Wants=network-online.target

but it did not help.

Thanks!