[etherlab-users] verified linux distro + kernel + RTAI + etherlab version

Bilko AS, Oguz Dilmac odilmac at bilko-automation.com
Mon Jun 4 17:04:16 CEST 2018

Hi all,

We are currently running on ubuntu 10.04 with kernel 2.6.32 and RTAI
3.8.1. We are using etherlab master 1.5.2 from the tar ball on the web
site (http://www.etherlab.org/en/ethercat/). We use R8169 driver. We use
CANopen over EtherCAT protocol.

We want to upgrade our kernel version so that we can use newer device
drivers (graphics, USB etc)

I noticed, in ethercat master 1.5.2 tarball, the latest supported kernel
version for ethernet drivers are 3.4. But in the development branch
newer kernels are also supported.

I'm having some porting problems with different distros and RTAI
versions. Most likely they are due to my mistakes. But I want to be sure
that I'm going to the right direction. So,

* Can you suggest a verifed newer linux distro, kernel, RTAI version?
Which versions / distros are you using? Can I use RTAI 5.1?

* Also is it safe to use the development version with (or without)
Gavin's patches
(https://sourceforge.net/u/uecasm/etherlab-patches/ci/default/tree/#readme)?
Should I be aware of some potential problems?

Best regards,

Oguz.

--
Oguz Dilmac
ARGE Bolumu

Bilko AS, R&D Department
Perpa Ticaret Merkezi B Blok Kat 11 Nr. 1740
TR-34384 Okmeydani Istanbul Turkey
Tel : +90 212 220 07 40  Fax :   +90 212 210 47 01
e-mail : odilmac at bilko-automation.com
web site : http://www.bilko-automation.com