[etherlab-users] Difference between "default" and "stable-1.5" branches

Gavin Lambert gavin.lambert at tomra.com
Thu Nov 15 23:14:13 CET 2018

It’s mostly the other way around.

In theory, “stable-1.5” is the “release version” considered stable by IgH, and “default” is that plus some additional changes which will eventually become 1.6.

The patchset is based on “default” because some of the patches it used to contain have been integrated into the default branch already, and because hopefully at some point that will happen to more of them and it will become 1.6 for real.  (But don’t hold your breath.)

Unfortunately, things are actually a little messier than that, because IgH are adding some additional features and fixes directly to stable-1.5 and not always porting them across to default as well, hence why I added the “stable” folder in the patchset to bring them back into alignment.