[etherlab-users] Xenomai 3 and RTDM's Net drivers.

Edouard Tisserant edouard.tisserant at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 18:05:00 CEST 2018

Hello EtherLab users !

EtherLab's EtherCAT master is being ported to Xenomai 3, and this is now
getting ready :

https://hg.beremiz.org/etherlabmaster/

I also added a new device : devices/rtdmnet.c. It is really similar to
devices/generic.c, but it uses RTDM's Net drivers instead of Linux
drivers. This new device still needs fixing, and only works in idle mode
for now - working on a fix right now.

Pre-existing devices/*.c haven't been tested. My current test bench is a
freescale imx6, with xenomai 3.0.7, using RTDM's FEC driver. Feedback
from other targets/devices would be welcome.

@Florian : keeping compatibility with Xenomai2's RTDM wasn't a priority,
and I only focused on porting to Xenomai 3. Maybe is it still possible
to be compatible using #ifdefs. If this or anything else prevents you to
merge, please tell.

Best regards,

Edouard Tisserant