[etherlab-users] API for enabling/disabling sync managers of a slave

Gavin Lambert gavin.lambert at tomra.com
Wed Sep 26 01:32:50 CEST 2018

You typically don’t need to explicitly disable a sync manager; you simply don’t refer to it or any PDOs it contains, and then it will not be included in the domain’s data.

Alternatively, you can configure the sync manager but then list zero PDOs for it, to explicitly set the PDO Assign register for that SM to 0 (for slaves that support flexible assignment).  Note that you should not enable the SM watchdog if you’re setting it to have zero PDOs.

It sounds like you should probably read the documentation for the EtherCAT protocol and for the Etherlab master in particular.