[etherlab-users] Debugging inconsistent slave behaviour

Graeme Foot Graeme.Foot at touchcut.com
Sun Dec 1 22:17:17 CET 2019

Hi Jakub,

It's kind of hard to say without more info.  But here's a few things to check (from very simple onwards):

1) check that the drives are going to OP mode ("ethercat slaves" command).  If they are not in OP mode they won't be handling PDO frames.

2) do an "ethercat slaves -v" command and check that your app is using the correct vender ID and product code to connect to it.

3) do an "ethercat slaves -v" command and compare the two types of drives, in particular the "Flags: Enable notLRW" flag.  If one of them is true, then you need to split the read and write PDO's into two different domains for that drive.

4) from a fresh power up of your amps, and before you start your app, do the "ethercat cstruct" command on the two types of amps and compare them.  If they are not the same, make sure your code is accounting for the differences.

5) before starting your amp run the command "ethercat debug 1" to set the masters debug output level to 1.  Start the app.  Once started check the dmesg log and look for any configuration errors

Regards,
Graeme Foot.