[etherlab-users] Question on use of EL3064 (Beckhoff ADC)

Graeme Foot Graeme.Foot at touchcut.com
Wed Jul 10 00:48:23 CEST 2019

Hi,

Please post questions to the etherlab-users at etherlab.org<mailto:etherlab-users at etherlab.org> forum.

For simple slaves:
1) plug the slave into the ethercat fieldbus
2) run the "ethercat cstruct" command, with the -p parameter for the new slave
3) copy and paste the pdo structures into your code.  (I rename mine with the slaves product code for better reuse.)
4) to use a configuration for a slave use the following functions:
                ecrt_master_slave_config()
     ecrt_slave_config_pdos()
5) to get pdo domain offsets for particular entries use the following function:
                ecrt_slave_config_reg_pdo_entry()
6) to configure slave settings use the following functions:
                ecrt_slave_config_sdo()
     ecrt_slave_config_sdo8()
     ecrt_slave_config_sdo16()
     ecrt_slave_config_sdo32()
7) if DC is supported use:
                ecrt_slave_config_dc()
                Note: you can find the assign active value from the slaves ESI xml file or documentation.

For slaves with multiple configuration options:
1) locate the matching module and revision Device entry
2) check for AlternativeSmMapping options
Option 1) if the default configuration is the one you want, follow the steps above
Option 2) continue with the steps below
3) check the RxPdo / TxPdo options that match the Sm Mapping that you want to use
4) build your own cstruct's based on items 2 & 3
                (this can be hard)
5) follow steps 4-7 from the simple slave

For slaves that allow custom pdo configurations:
1) get the default cstruct and if it doesn't have what you want modify it with parameters that are allowed to be PDO items until it is
                (you need to do a lot of reading of the slave documentation)
2) follow steps 4-7 from the simple slave

As for the EL3064, it is a slave that supports multiple configuration options.  I wanted to use the Standard configuration, which is the default configuration, so I followed the "Slave with multiple configuration options, Option 1" approach.

Regards,
Graeme.