[etherlab-users] Inappropriate ioctl for device

Dr.-Ing. Wilhelm Hagemeister hm at igh.de
Fri Mar 15 11:33:14 CET 2019

Hallo Daniel,

that sounds like the ethercat library does not fit to the kernel module.

If you have installed the two ethercat installations to different
locations e.g. /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib it is depending on your search
path settings what gets found first.

So it might be helpful to clean up first and do a fresh ethercat install.

Regards Wilhelm