[etherlab-users] Starting Ethercat master 1.5.2 modprobe: ERROR: could not insret 'ec_master':Invalid argument

demon.han at aliyun.com demon.han at aliyun.com
Tue Mar 12 06:41:00 CET 2019

I fixed the problem.
I missed the config in /etc/sysconfig/ethercat,and I took the config in /opt/ethercat/etc/sysconfig/ethercat .
Sorry for that.
BesteWishes.
Demon.

demon.han at aliyun.com

From: demon.han at aliyun.com
Date: 2019-03-12 11:44
To: etherlab-users
Subject: Starting Ethercat master 1.5.2 modprobe: ERROR: could not insret 'ec_master':Invalid argument

Hello, Karsten.
I have the problem too when I start etherlabmaster.
I follow https://github.com/UNIBO-GRABLab/cable_robot to build my master on Ubuntu16,x86 platform.
Everything goes perfect but start the master. I got :

"Starting Ethercat master 1.5.2 modprobe: ERROR: could not insret 'ec_master':Invalid argument".

1. Then I go to '/lib/modules/4.13.13-rt5/ethercat/master',I find ec_master.ko.
2. I open the syslog, find it:
    ec_master:loading out of-tree module traints kernel.
    Ethercat: Master driver 1.5.2 d2115616deab.
    Ethercat ERROR: MAC address may not be emty.
Here I make sure that I have set the MASTER0_DEVICE with mac-address.
I'm confused with this.Do you have any idea about it?
Best Wishes.
Demon.

demon.han at aliyun.com