[etherlab-users] R: R: Random Datagram Unmatched

Viola Roberto roberto.viola at systemceramics.com
Tue May 21 15:44:14 CEST 2019

Hallo Wilhelm,
  thanks for your answer. I've already check the timings of my loop.
Running at 1KHz these are the clocks (ns) when i have the issue:

Domain1: WC 0.
Domain1: State 0.
receive[0]=232048932
process[0]=232068191
queue[0]=232070560
send[0]=232071366
aftersend[0]=232077874
receive[1]=233053215 delta from 232077874 is 975341 so 0,975 ms
process[1]=233071905
queue[1]=233096531
send[1]=233097696
aftersend[1]=233113699

Domain1: WC 3.
Domain1: State 2.
receive[-1]=233053215
process[-1]=233071905
queue[0]=233096531
send[0]=233097696
aftersend[0]=233113699
receive[1]=234050115 delta from 233113699 is 936416 so 0,936 ms
process[1]=234068059
queue[1]=234073073
send[1]=234074001
aftersend[1]=234082476

Domain1: WC 0.
Domain1: State 0.
receive[0]=450056645
process[0]=450071880
queue[0]=450074396
send[0]=450075202
aftersend[0]=450082843
receive[1]=451056992 delta from 450082843 is 974149 so 0,974 ms
process[1]=451073978
queue[1]=451084047
send[1]=451085161
aftersend[1]=451098212

Domain1: WC 3.
Domain1: State 2.
receive[0]=451056992
process[0]=451073978
queue[0]=451084047
send[0]=451085161
aftersend[0]=451098212
receive[1]=452056358 delta from 451098212 is 958146 so 0,958 ms
process[1]=452074082
queue[1]=452079176
send[1]=452080059
aftersend[1]=452312695

As you can see the 1KHz seems ok. I've also tried to append 50-100 us of sleep before calling the ecrt_master_receive without success.

For reference this is my main loop:

int cycle_us = 1000;
rt_task_set_periodic(NULL, TM_NOW, cycle_us * 1000);
while (run)
{
rt_task_wait_period(NULL);

// receive EtherCAT
struct timespec receive[2], process[2], queue[2], send[2], aftersend[2];
static __u8 tictoc = 0;
tictoc = !tictoc;
clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME, &receive[tictoc]);
ecrt_master_receive(master);
clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME, &process[tictoc]);
               ecrt_domain_process(domain1);

  rt_check_domain_state();

if (!(cycle_counter % (int)(1000.0 / (cycle_us / 1000.0)))) {
rt_check_master_state();
seconds++;
}

// send process data
clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME, &queue[tictoc]);
ecrt_domain_queue(domain1);
clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME, &send[tictoc]);
ecrt_master_send(master);
clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME, &aftersend[tictoc]);
}