[etherlab-users] Usage of IgH EtherCAT Master for Safety

Dr.-Ing. Wilhelm Hagemeister hm at igh.de
Fri May 10 18:07:33 CEST 2019

Hallo Mr Zeilhofer,

yes, it is possible and we use it very widely. The configuration of the
safety master e.g. EL6900 is done with TwinCat. Once the safety project
is finished, downloaded to EL6900 with TwinCat and tested, the IgH
EtherCAT master can transfer the data of the "black channel(s)".

It is a bit fiddly to connect the right PDO's of the TwinSafe master to
the PDO's of the TwinSafe slaves but in any case possible. Basically 6
bytes have to be transferred from and to each safely slave.

See attached a screenshot how it is done in EtherLab (with Simulink).

Kind regards

Wilhelm Hagemeister.