[etherlab-users] Beckhoff AX5000 - How to get rid of AX5801 safety card?

Hugh Sparks hugh at csparks.com
Sun Feb 2 07:53:11 CET 2020

I think I've almost got my AX5203 going, but I hit a big snag: The drive
came (from eBay) with a TwinSAFE option card: AX5801

When I try to take the drive out of PREOP, I get an error on the LCD:

FDD4 - "Configured safety option don't match" (suffered in translation)

So I powered down, removed the option card, and restarted. An error is
immediately displayed on the LCD:

FC0C - "Safety card activated"

An odd message because the card is removed. At this point, the drive
doesn't respond to IDNs. I have to re-install the card to talk to the
drive. There is an IDN:

P-0-2000 Configured safety option

I tried setting that to zero, but it didn't seem to have any effect and
the setting doesn't survive a power cycle.

How can I get rid of the AX5801 so the drive will operate?

Thanks in advance.

-Hugh Sparks