[etherlab-users] Compiling error caused by message block in etherlab_lib

Richard Hacker ha at igh.de
Tue Feb 25 13:36:20 CET 2020

Hi Amos

Simulink/EtherLab depends heavily on pdserv. The versions you have
deployed are not compatible with one another.

I am also not convinced that you are using etherlab-2.1 from
etherlab.org, because the message block was not available in that version.

I am worried why you report having problems installing from
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science:/EtherLab/openSUSE_Leap_15.1/

That should work without problems. I only had warnings about unknown gpg
keys when installing software from the repository, but that seems to be
a problem with zypper.

# zypper ar
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science:/EtherLab/openSUSE_Leap_15.1/
etherlab
# zypper ref etherlab
# zypper in etherlab pdserv-devel
# /usr/share/etherlab/install.sh $MATLAB_ROOT

Do the usual Matlab installation from Matlab prompt:
 >> run $MATLAB_ROOT/rtw/c/etherlab/setup_etherlab.m

Make sure there is nothing left over from previous pdserv-devel
installations, especially /usr/local/include/pdserv.h

Recompile your model and you should be set.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Richard Hacker

Richard Hacker M.Sc.
richard.hacker at igh.de
Tel.: +49 201 / 36014-16

Ingenieurgemeinschaft IgH
Gesellschaft für Ingenieurleistungen mbH
Heinz-Bäcker-Str. 34
D-45356 Essen

Amtsgericht Essen HRB 11500
USt-Id.-Nr.: DE 174 626 722