[Etherlab-users] dynamic PDO unmapping

Gavin Lambert gavin.lambert at tomra.com
Thu Sep 17 09:49:22 CEST 2020

(Forwarding an earlier reply back to the list; it got stuck in moderation due to signature images out of my control.)

----

No, not without deactivating the master and reconfiguring it.  But for the master to know that it needs to do that, you'd have to have your safety routine communicate a fault back to the master, in which case you can tell it to change its normal PDO output to a safe value instead of stopping communication.  Usually this will take at least one cycle to get the status update, so you probably can't avoid sending the "wrong" value at least once.

Meanwhile the servo slave itself, when it detects a fault condition, should go into a state where it ignores whatever values the master is sending (unless it considers them "safe" for its fault condition), bridging the time between when the fault is detected and when the master notices and updates its outputs.

(If this isn't your own slave device then you should probably be asking the slave vendor how to do this sort of thing properly.)

----

Gavin Lambert
Senior Software Developer

COMPAC SORTING EQUIPMENT LTD | 4 Henderson Pl | Onehunga | Auckland 1061 | New Zealand