[Etherlab-users] Paho MQTT in C for communication

Brumand-Poor, Faras faras.brumand at ifas.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Apr 28 13:24:56 CEST 2021

Hello,

I wrote a C program, which uses the Paho MQTT libary<https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.c>. From this C file I can create a Simulink block and add it to my Simulation.

I am also able to compile the Simulink model to C and run it.

However if I try to do this in Etherlab, I always get an error regarding some safety threads.

I looked in the Paho library and realised that I implemented the MQTT in a synchronous manner. There is also a asynchronous approach so I was thinking about reimplementing the code

so the communication is asynchron. Synchron means that all processes are stopped when a message is published are received. Asynchron means that the communication is run parallel on

other threads.

Does anyone have experience with MQTT and Etherlab or does someone know if my approach is wrong?

Because I don't know if the asynchron libary is going to work.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Faras Brumand