[Etherlab-users] Configuring EL7047 stepper driver

Fontana Nicola ntd at entidi.it
Mon Aug 2 14:36:08 CEST 2021

Il giorno lun, 02/08/2021 alle 13.50 +0200, Fontana Nicola ha scritto:

> Il giorno dom, 01/08/2021 alle 22.55 +0000, Gavin Lambert ha scritto:
> > Why are you calling ecrt_slave_config_pdos *OR*
> > ecrt_slave_config_reg_pdo_entry?  You need to do both things.
>
> Hi Gavin,
>
> I am calling both.

I've just cleaned up the code and added some comment, hopefully making
the intentions clearer.

> > (Although you can replace the latter with
> > ecrt_domain_reg_pdo_entry_list to avoid a loop in your own code.)
>
> Good catch, thank you: I'll check if I can drop that `autoregister_pdos`
> function and will update the snippet accordingly.

AFAIU, `ecrt_domain_reg_pdo_entry_list` requires another explicit static
array. This is a big no from my point of view, where I am struggling to
keep complexity as low as possible by using conventions instead of
explicit lists.

Ciao.
--
Nicola