[Etherlab-users] Estun EE-R0: Invalid input configuration

Eibach, Dirk Dirk.Eibach at cloos.de
Fri Mar 5 07:28:39 CET 2021

Hi Gavin,

> If it can't cope with both complete and incomplete transfers in PDO
> configuration, then it is not compliant with the EtherCAT specification, and
> you should throw it away and find a better slave instead.

Dude, every defect gets respect! In Germany we have long time abandoned the habit of nuking things just because they are a little out of spec ;)

Seriously: I am not evaluating a slave, I am evaluating a master. I have an industrial 6-axis robot controller here that works perfectly fine using the Acontis EtherCAT master and I want to see how far I get using the Etherlab master. The IgH folks did a pretty decent job in writing readable and maintainable code so I could easily adapt it. Maybe there is some weird Chinese ASIC out there that can only be operated this way and that may be reason why the Acontis people chose to transfer the configuration this way - we don't know for sure. I will continue investigating. If you find my updates boring or disturbing just tell me.

Regards
Dirk