[Etherlab-users] Problems installing from repo

Richard Hacker ha at igh.de
Wed Mar 17 13:44:27 CET 2021

On 2021-03-17 13:32, Merkel, Amos wrote:
> @ Richard: Shouldn't Florian's solution solve any problems with 4.4-rt kernels? Or do you expect this to be a general problem with 15.2? I did not notice any problems with the 5.3-rt kernel I have installed right now.
At the time I was trying it out, I didn't have the resources trying
different combinations. I just wanted to document my experience in case
others go the same route.

My own 5.x-rt kernels (5.4 & 5.10) were more successful booting, but had
other problems... there were sleep()s in the i916 driver while holding
locks :( Boo!

I have no experience using openSUSE's RT-kernel, you may be more
successful it.

In my specific case, I reverted to 15.1 with the 4.4-rt kernel and lived
with that, but that is not the way forward.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Richard Hacker

Richard Hacker M.Sc.
richard.hacker at igh.de
Tel.: +49 201 / 36014-16

Ingenieurgemeinschaft IgH
Gesellschaft für Ingenieurleistungen mbH
Nordsternstraße 66
D-45329 Essen

Amtsgericht Essen HRB 11500
USt-Id.-Nr.: DE 174 626 722