[Etherlab-users] EL3356 steady state always off

Tom Wong-Cornall tom at wongcornall.com
Mon May 17 10:25:49 CEST 2021

On Sat, May  8 '21 at 11.03 NZST, Saul Cuen-Rochin <saulcuen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use EL3356 with etherlab master 1.5.2, but the "steady state"
> {0x6000,0x09,1} read-only bit is always OFF. thus I always get a 0 value
> from the "value" {0x6000,0x11,32} variable.
>
> I used the same setup with TWINCAT3 and I get the values readings just
> fine, the steady state bit is turned ON as expected..

I've not used that exact module, but having had a couple of surprises
like this, check your Startup List in TwinCAT. You might find TwinCAT
has set a non-default value for 0x8000:29/0x8000:2A which define the
steady state window. You might need to set these parameters to sensible
values with e.g. ecrt_slave_config_sdo().

There are a few Beckhoff slaves (e.g. AX5805, EP8309) where the list of
these startup parameters are so vast and intricate that it made sense to
write a TwinCAT XML startup list parser to do this automatically, rather
than have endless config knobs in our software.