[etherlab-dev] sync manager problem

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Mon Dec 8 16:51:34 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 03:52:33PM +0100, Christian Gieseler wrote:
> The syslog output tells me that the master fails to create the slave
> configuration.

This is probably the problem. Which reason does it output?

> Requesting the safeop state gives the syslog output :
>
> slave 0 refused state change (PREOP+ERROR), caused by an invalid sync
> manager configuration.

This is reasonable, because if the slave has no configuration attached,
the Pdo sync managers will not be configured, which fits to your
descriptions.

> P.S. Am i right on this mailing list, or should i post on the users list
> and sorry for posting to you directly.

This is typically something for the users list, but don't break the thread
now. ;-)

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org