[etherlab-dev] Overlapped PDO

Dave Page dave.page at gleeble.com
Mon Apr 13 19:39:29 CEST 2015

Hi,

     I made a little mod to add overlapped PDO capability (which is
useful when process data size is large, or cycle time is small, or using
the AM335x ESC). This was based on af21f0bdc7c9. I have tried to make
the resultant LRW address space layout similar to TwinCAT for best
compatibility. Works for me, but I don't have a typical use case.

     The default is for non-overlapping PDOs, call:
ecrt_slave_config_overlapping_pdos(slave_config, 1); to enable
overlapping on a per-slave basis.

     My fork is here: http://hg.code.sf.net/u/davepage/etherlabmaster
which has this mod merged to the latest from Florian at 1d95cd4edf09.

     Reports from testing or general feedback appreciated.

         Best regards - Dave

David Page, Chief Embedded Architect
Dynamic Systems Inc.
PO Box 1234
Poestenkill, NY 12140
Telephone: +1 (518) 283-5350 | Fax: +1 (518) 283-3160 |