[etherlab-dev] Xenomai 3 RTDM

Thomas Bitsky Jr tbj at automateddesign.com
Tue Mar 22 07:01:48 CET 2016

Following up on my message yesterday, I cracked open the Xenomai migration guide, went ahead and started porting over RTDM to work with Xenomai 3. I need to fix the labeling and it’s not very tested, but, on a 64-bit computer running Xeomai-3 Cobalt, the EtherCAT master is able to register an RTDM device and then runs normally.

I’m not sure anyone on this list is interested in porting to Xenomai-3, so instead of just pouring code into the mail list I made a git repository. If anyone is interested in checking it out/providing feedback/pointing out mistakes, you can check it out at: https://bitbucket.org/adc_tbj/etherlab-adc

All changers are in master/rtdm.c

Side note: none of the xenomai examples compile when I make the project. I’m going to try and figure out why that is this week, but if anyone has any experience with this, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Tom

===
Hi,

Has anyone ported the RTDM (rtdm.c) driver of the Ethercat master to Xenomai 3? I’m trying to get running on Xenomai 3 and was going to start working on that, but I thought I would check first and not duplicate work.

Thanks!
Tom