[etherlab-dev] Stack of patches (mainly FoE), preferred way to proceed?

Dominic van Berkel dominic.van.berkel at prodrive-technologies.com
Fri Aug 19 15:36:13 CEST 2016

Dear list,

Over the past few months I've been using the Etherlab master in another project and have had to make a number of changes to suit our needs. For the most part these are adjustments to the FoE logic and infrastructure to support transfer of larger files. Further changes include:

- Support for the FoE password field
- The AL Status Code becomes available through ioctl after a failed slave state transition
- Added handling of FoE Error Requests during an FoE Write operation (previously this resulted in FOE_ACK_ERROR rather than FOE_OPCODE_ERROR)
- Improved behaviour when a file proves to be larger than the module has a buffer for
- MasterDevice passes on errno in MasterDeviceException

Couple issues: I wrote this against the stable-1.5 tree (fully up to date at this point), while copied into an SVN repo, and right now I've got a single diff (from `hg diff`, attached). As far as I can tell none of the issues I've fixed are addressed between stable 1.5 and default, so I *expect* a merge wouldn't be much trouble. I'm not familiar with Mercurial at all, though, and would prefer not to spend time switching my larger project to etherlab-default to test. I'd like to hear what I can or need to do to make this easier.

Best regards,

Dominic van Berkel