[etherlab-dev] ethercat master 1.5.1 - EoE & CoE in parallel

Geller, Nir nir.geller at servotronix.com
Tue Aug 23 15:32:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've been working with ethercat master 1.5.1 for a while now. So far I've used only CoE. I would like to start using the EoE functionality in parallel to CoE.
I managed to ping an ecat slave that supports EoE with MTU of 1500, but when trying to work with CoE and EoE altogether, I ran into a serious problem.

According to the implementation of the master and posts in etherlab-users and etherlab-dev I understand that a mail box protocol demultiplexer isn't implemented in ethercat master 1.5.1.

Is there a patch that implements such a thing on 1.5.1?
Did you already implement a demux in1.5.2? If so, has it been thoroughly tested and verified?
If not, Do you have a plan to do so?

Would you recommend to migrate to 1.5.2, or implement such functionality on the current code of 1.5.1?

Thanks a lot,

Nir.