[etherlab-users] Etherlab example mini module

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Wed Jul 18 22:00:59 CEST 2007

Hi all,

first of all, I'm very sorry. I didn't receive the list mails for a
while because of a mail delivery problem. But we're after it...

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 02:35:23PM +0200, Philipp Monden wrote:
> I tried to run "make" in /examples/mini which tells me:
>
> *** Warning: "ecrt_master_create_domain"
> [/opt/etherlab/src/ethercat-1.2.0/examp
> les/mini/ec_mini.ko] undefined!
>
> ... and all other ecrt_X functions are not found as well. Is that normal?

The modpost script, which is part of the kernel build environment,
complains about that the listed symbols are not found in the current
kernel config. Unfortunately there is no way to tell it, that the
symbols will exist later, when the master modules are loaded (at least,
I haven't found one)... So this is quite "normal"... ;-)

Florian Pose

etherlab.org