[etherlab-users] Etherlab example mini module

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Fri Jul 27 12:44:54 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 04:02:08PM +0200, Thomas Elste wrote:
> I mentioned the missing EEPROM config data in the Hilscher forum
> (http://board.hilscher.com/viewtopic.php?t=262) among some other things.
> Sounds like maybe in some upcoming firmware release the preloading of
> the EEPROM (-emulation) might be supported.

I just read the thread. Unfortunately some vendors seem to forget that
providing the EEPROM contents is a requirement of the EtherCAT
specification...

> > In future releases, great parts of the master will be moved to user
> > space. Perhaps then, someone will implement the XML file parsing...
>
> Sounds good. Is it possible to access the master sources via CVS or
> SVN?  Maybe I could help (at least with some testing).

Not at the moment. There is a local SVN repository. But you're invited
to send patches... ;-)

> >> 4. To change the slaves status, TwinCat writes the AL control
> >> register always with the ERR_ACK bit set, without worrying. The
> >> Etherlab master doesn't. This causes the state change not always
> >> carried out by the netX. I've changed this, too.
> >
> > Does this work for all slaves? I encountered similar problems...
>
> Can't tell. The netX is the only slave I've got, at the moment. We are
> going to order some Beckhoff components shortly. So I'm about to find
> out, if the modifications that were necessary in order to get the netX
> working will not prevent a bus configuration with some other and some
> more slaves.

Please let me know, perhaps I can include the patches in the main dev
tree.

Best regards,
Florian