[etherlab-users] EtherCAT master 1.4 prerelease

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Thu Jun 5 15:19:04 CEST 2008

Dear users of the EtherCAT master,

I'm currently developing for the 1.4.0 release and the to-do list gets
shorter. I decided to release a preliminary version to get comments and
(hopefully not so many) bug reports before releasing the final 1.4.0
version:

http://etherlab.org/download/ethercat-1.4.0-pre-trunk-r1174.tar.bz2
http://etherlab.org/download/ethercat-1.4.0-pre-trunk-r1174.tar.bz2.sig

The pdf documentation is still to be updated, but you'll find
interface documentation and a list of changes since 1.3.x in the
EtherCAT header ecrt.h.

Please note, that the Sysfs interface will be completely replaced by the
'ethercat' command-line-tool, which I'm currently working on. A few
subcommands are already implemented.

So if you have comments, ideas or suggestions, please don't hesitate to
post in this list or directly to me.

Please understand that I can't announce a fix release date, but I'm
expecting to finish work in approx. 2 or 3 weeks. Together with the
1.4.0 release I'll also release a 1.3.3 version with a few minor
improvements back-ported from the 1.4 branch.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org