[etherlab-users] Beckhoff EL3403

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Tue Mar 24 14:33:36 CET 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:38:47AM +0100, Andy Rohr wrote:
> Does anybody know if this terminal http://www.beckhoff.de/EL3403/
> can be used with the IgH EtherCAT-Master? Has anybody tried yet? Or can we
> say that, generally speaking, every terminal ca be used by this master?

Yes, the only prerequisite should be the conformance to the EtherCAT
specification. If you run into problems with a certain slave, post them
here. This is usually a configuration issue.

> Licencing: What does "Using the EtherCAT technology and brand is only
> permitted in compliance with the industrial property and similar
> rights of Beckhoff Automation GmbH." Excatly mean? What do I have to
> do to get permission to use the IgH-EtherCAT-master together with
> Beckhoff-products?

Since the EtherCAT technology is patented, you'll have to get the
permission of Beckhoff to use the hardware. But don't worry: Licenses
are usually free of charge.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org