[etherlab-users] EtherLab: Code generation issues?

Marco Götze marco.goetze at imms.de
Mon Mar 23 16:23:08 CET 2009

Hello,

We've been experimenting with the latest EtherLab release (1.2-rc5) in
conjunction with MATLAB 2007B.  Aiming to trace issues with a test
application of our own, we've had a look at the included example and
observed the same: the code generated seems to correctly handle data
from input terminals but does not effectively output anything.  We
verified this by looking at the datagrams on the bus using Wireshark.

Looking at the generated code, we've noticed the lack of any sections
writing data to the output PDOs' memory addresses (whereas input data
_is_ copied to the corresponding BlockIO structs).  Manually adding
instructions writing data to a PDO's address results in the data being
transmitted as expected but rather defeats the purpose.

Has anybody got a clue as to what might be going wrong?  I'm attaching
the "example.c" file generated from the example included with EtherLab.

Any pointers would be much appreciated--

  Marco Götze
--
Dipl.-Inf. Marco Götze, System Design, +49 (3677) 6955-42
Institut für Mikroelektronik- und Mechatronik-Systeme (IMMS) gGmbH