[etherlab-users] PDO mapping?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri May 29 17:36:05 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 03:44:52PM +0200, Florian Pose wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:40:14AM +0200, Julian Stoev wrote:
> > But this PDO warnings... depending on the simulink diagram, sometimes
> > they are not present, sometimes they are present. What may be the
> > reason for them?
>
> It depends which slave hardware version you have. Older slaves have
> different PDO indices and the right ones must be selected in the mask
> field "device type".
>
> > Another issue: during the compilation of the kernel module on the
> > target machine I get these:
> >
> > WARNING: "ecrt_master_receive"
> > [/home/jsto/Desktop/t1_etl_rtw/t1_kmod.ko] undefined!
> >
> > Is this normal?
> > We will have to program quite a complex robotics application and I
> > must be sure I understand everything well.
>
> See
> http://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-users/2008/000077.html

The errors can be fixed by copying the Module.symvers file which will be
generated during the build of ethercat itself into the "mini" (or
whatever your module name is, seems to be "t1_etl_rtw" for you) directory
before running 'make modules' there.

I believe this is a kernel build system bug, in theory 'make
modules_install' of the ethercat modules should also update the global
symvers file with the new symbols, but it doesn't see to do that
properly.

Uwe.