[etherlab-users] Yaskawa Sigma-5 no Vendor ID or Product Code Failed to read SII size of slave 0.

Henry Bausley hbausley at deltatau.com
Tue Jul 13 02:25:55 CEST 2010

Below is the answer I received from Yaskawa, the developers are in
Japan. This is the only time I have seen a device return 0's for Vendor
and Product code.  They claim everything is there and it can't be
change. The device is recognized by TwinCat so  the data must be in the
device.

Any ideas of what I can look at to find the cause of the   SII: Error on
last SII command and  EtherCAT ERROR: Failed to read SII size of slave 0
errors?

>From Yaskawa
--------------------------------------

Hi Henry,

We got an answer from the developers as below:

Sigma-5 amplifier with EtherCat card is categorized as "Variable Process
Data,Object Dictionary " that specified on the chart on
"http://www.etherlab.org/en/ethercat/faq.php" and all of items
(including optional items) are defined on our EtherCat card. These items
on the EEPROM are permanent (fixed) information and are not editable (no
changeability, not overwritable , not deletable). These are same
information as ESI.. We would like to recommend DeltaTau using
conformance test tool for their investigation.

Let me know if you have other questions you'd like us to consider.

Thank you.

Derek Lee
Motion Product Engineer
Yaskawa America Inc.