[etherlab-users] Yaskawa Sigma-5 no Vendor ID or Product Code Failed to read SII size of slave 0.

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Tue Jul 13 13:55:17 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 05:25:55PM -0700, Henry Bausley wrote:
> Below is the answer I received from Yaskawa, the developers are in
> Japan. This is the only time I have seen a device return 0's for Vendor
> and Product code.  They claim everything is there and it can't be
> change. The device is recognized by TwinCat so  the data must be in the
> device.
>
> Any ideas of what I can look at to find the cause of the   SII: Error on
> last SII command and  EtherCAT ERROR: Failed to read SII size of slave 0
> errors?

The vendor ID etc. keep being zero, because the SII is not read at all.

I slightly improved the SII error messages and pushed it to YourceForge.
Please try the newest version and also enable the SII_DEBUG macro in
master/fsm_sii.c.

Please power down your device, then set the debug level to 1 and power
up the device and post the logs until the SII error.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org