[etherlab-users] possible master problems

Ian Norton I.Norton at CranfieldAerospace.com
Mon Mar 8 18:13:30 CET 2010

Hi,

We are trying to implemt a master on Linux to drive a Kollmorgen s300 drive and a Festo CPX pnuematic node.

Both devices (slaves ) appear to show the same symptoms of dropping into PREOP state as soon as our user code establishes a master connection, defines a PDO and begins to write data, regardless of the data.

The Servostar s300 shows errors F23 and N17 which relate to CAN errors which translate to -: Drive tries to establish communication, but there is no other node, or CAN nodes have different baud rates, bus cable defect, reflections because of missing or wrong bus terminators!, or CAN sync is not logged in, or CAN sync is activated, but is not sent synchronously from the controller, if at all!

I have been to Festo (UK) and they could not resolve my problem and pointed to the Master as being at fault?

Have you any ideas please? We are getting quite desperate now!

Attached is my user code. <<main.c>>

regards
Ian

Ian R.K. Norton