[etherlab-users] Beckhoff Serial-port module EL6002 reading slow

Jason Xu jason at motiondesign.co.nz
Wed May 19 01:55:04 CEST 2010

Hi Florian and support team :

I Just find out the reading slow problem is due to the default Baud rate
(9600), which works out about 1 ms per character transmitting speed.
Consider 2 scan cycles to achieve one read, the reading speed (collecting
one character in every 2 ms) is correct. In order to have faster reading,
higher baud rate has to be set.

I'd like to know how to change the default settings (Baud rate, etc) without
using TwinCAT. From EL6002 document, it seems that 8000:11 is the entry
index to access. However any detail on how to do would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Jason