[etherlab-users] Machine freeze/reset on module load

Felix Jirka felix.jirka at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 14 14:35:47 CEST 2010

Hello,

I try to setup etherlab on a Beckhoff CX1030 with Debian squeeze.
The kernel is based on the Debian sources (just some modules removed and
tracers enabled) with the rtai patch from Debian repository.

Every time I try to load an etherlab model the machine is freezing(sysrq not
working) or does a reboot.
The models I've tried to load were very simple eg. Constant + DOUT or
Constant + Signal-Block (to try without ethercat master dependency)

Basic realtime things eg. the rtai testsuite and calibration are working.
As well as some basic user-space ethercat programs liked against
libethercat.

Has someone experienced something like this before and can help me with some
suggestions?

Regards

Felix Jirka