[etherlab-users] Compile errors

Jesper Smith jsmith at ihmc.us
Wed Sep 29 22:29:41 CEST 2010

When trying to compile the latest Etherlab master from the mercurial
repository on the following system

- Opensuse 11.3
- Kernel 2.6.33.7 + RT_PREEMPT rt29

I got the following compile error

  CC [M]  /home/jesper/compilation/ethercat-devel/examples/mini/mini.o
/home/jesper/compilation/ethercat-devel/examples/mini/mini.c: In function
‘init_mini_module’:
/home/jesper/compilation/ethercat-devel/examples/mini/mini.c:466:9: error:
implicit declaration of function ‘kmalloc’
/home/jesper/compilation/ethercat-devel/examples/mini/mini.c:466:28: warning:
cast to pointer from integer of different size
/home/jesper/compilation/ethercat-devel/examples/mini/mini.c:501:5: error:
implicit declaration of function ‘kfree’
make[6]: *** [/home/jesper/compilation/ethercat-devel/examples/mini/mini.o]
Error 1

To fix this errors I had to add the following

#include <linux/slab.h>

to these files

examples/mini/mini.c
master/foe_request.c
master/sdo_request.c
master/soe_request.c

If it won't break building on other system I think this should be included in
the main source tree.

Best Regards,

Jesper Smith
IHMC