[etherlab-users] EtherCAT realtime priorities

Kim H. Madsen khm at deif.com
Wed Jan 19 15:52:17 CET 2011

Hi

We are using the user space interface with the application running at a real time priority on a PREEMPT_RT system.
Until now we have been running the EtherCAT master on priority 0 (SCHED_OTHER).

We are considering to raise the priority of the ETherCAT to a real time priority (SCHED_FIFO). We consider setting the priority to 50 so that it is locate just a bow the sirg kernel threads. Is this sane? Or is it better place the master priority vice?

Best regards
Kim Hedegaard Madsen
DEIF Wind Power Technology