[etherlab-users] Created scicoslab block

simone monteleone simone.monteleone at alice.it
Wed Jan 26 09:56:57 CET 2011

Hi Andreas,

thanks for explain the important difference about the two approach:
1. codegeneration - c function block
2. Ethercos

I try Ethercos and it works good with the blocks defined.

If I want to create a scicos block starting from the xml file of the
AX5101 drive
is so difficult? What are the steps?

Because I find this work:

http://www.dti.supsi.ch/~bucher/

In practice allow to create a .sci file (and so a .cos file) starting
from a xml file.

But If I understand I have to create a xml file defined with a certain
parameters. So I'm not sure that works.

But IMHO the best solution is the first because the drive have to be
configured (and in some case cyclicaly).

Greatings

simone monteleone