[etherlab-users] Created scicoslab block

Andreas Stewering-Bone ab at igh-essen.com
Wed Jan 26 11:12:33 CET 2011

Hello Simone,

The EtherCOS has no generic block in the actual version
and it does not support SOE and DC, so no chance to get the AX5101 running

If you have a running C-Example you only have to port it to a C-Function
Block

- write a C-Function block (see ethercat user space example), please
note you can only use 1 EtherCAT Slave per EtherCAT Master.
- you have to store the master and domain, and variable handles in the
work vector
- you have to add the soe parameters
- write a calc in/out function to connect the channels to the ethercat io

and that is all.

I think you will try the compilation step, a problem could be the
linking of the ethercat lib.

Greatings

Andreas

Am 26.01.2011 09:56, schrieb simone monteleone:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> thanks for explain the important difference about the two approach:
> 1. codegeneration - c function block
> 2. Ethercos
>
> I try Ethercos and it works good with the blocks defined.
>
> If I want to create a scicos block starting from the xml file of the
> AX5101 drive
> is so difficult? What are the steps?
>
> Because I find this work:
>
> http://www.dti.supsi.ch/~bucher/
>
> In practice allow to create a .sci file (and so a .cos file) starting
> from a xml file.
>
> But If I understand I have to create a xml file defined with a certain
> parameters. So I'm not sure that works.
>
> But IMHO the best solution is the first because the drive have to be
> configured (and in some case cyclicaly).
>
> Greatings
>
> simone monteleone

Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Stewering-Bone           Amtsgericht Essen HRB 11500
Ingenieurgemeinschaft IgH                   USt-Id.-Nr.: DE 174 626 722
Gesellschaft für Ingenieurleistungen mbH    Geschäftsführung:
Heinz-Bäcker-Str. 34                        Dr.-Ing. S. Rotthäuser
D-45356 Essen                               Dr.-Ing. T. Finke
Tel.: +49 201 / 360-14-15                   Dr.-Ing. W. Hagemeister
Fax.: +49 201 / 360-14-14                   Tel.: +49 201 / 360-14-0
Andreas.Stewering-Bone at igh-essen.com        http://www.igh-essen.com