[etherlab-users] FW: No such file or directory (AGAIN)

Jeff Krasky jeff.krasky at dspcg.com
Mon Jul 25 22:30:22 CEST 2011

> You aren't doing your commands right.  Why would you make a symbolic link
> to /etc/init.d/ which is a directory?

Apparently it must work because I just tried this:

linux-0mmn:/opt/etherlab # ln -s etc/init.d/ethercat /etc/init.d/ethercat
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/etc/init.d/ethercat': File exists
linux-0mmn:/opt/etherlab #

So the way I executed my command must have been correct?  It created it,
right?  Here is some more info:

linux-0mmn:/opt/etherlab # ls -l /etc/init.d/ethercat
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Jul 25 14:39 /etc/init.d/ethercat ->
etc/init.d/ethercat
linux-0mmn:/opt/etherlab # /etc/init.d/ethercat start
bash: /etc/init.d/ethercat: No such file or directory
linux-0mmn:/opt/etherlab #