[etherlab-users] Beckhoff EL3104 - Problem while setting OP state

hamelin.philippe at ireq.ca hamelin.philippe at ireq.ca
Wed Dec 12 20:42:15 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to setup DC synchronization with the EL3104 ethercat module. For testing purpose, I just slightly modified the "dc_user" in order to support only the bus coupler and the EL3104. The problem is that I have a timeout while setting OP state, and thus it goes to SAFEOP + ERROR state. I tested both the official 1.5.1 release and the current tip version (c0b4c64fcebd). I'm using Linux kernel 3.4.4 with RT-PREEMPT patches and the generic driver. I attached the dmesg output and the test program.

What could be the reason why the EL3104 can't do the transition from SAFEOP to OP?

Thank you for your help,

Philippe Hamelin, ing., M. Ing
Chercheur / Researcher

T: 450-652-8499 x2198
F: 450-652-1316

Expertise robotique et civil
Institut de recherche d'Hydro-Québec (IREQ)
1740, boul. Lionel-Boulet
Varennes (QC) J3X 1S1, Canada